Orpheum Opera House (1888-aft.1895)

The Orpheum Opera House was in 1888 and located on the south side of O'Farrell between Stockton and Powell in San Francisco, across the street from the Alcazar Theater. The below production list is based on transcriptions of ads printed in the San Francisco Call beginning in April 1890. At that time Walter Mohr was the proprietor and Gustav Walter the manager.

Production History

Date Play Company
Apr 26, 1890 Hazel Kirke San Francisco Amateur Assoc.
Apr 21, 1890 vaudeville various
Apr 14, 1890 vaudeville Lenton Brothers
Apr 9, 1890 vaudeville various
Apr 7, 1890 Chalet Bosejour French Operatic Co.
Apr 2, 1890 vaudeville Hyde's Specialty Co.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License